Oh January. Every year, I start out strong and proud and full of good intentions, then round the corner on February feeling like a girl who has just been told the dolphin costume she’s rocking is actually a shark.
You and me, honey. While I did meet a lot of my January goals, I have been struggling with my New Years resolutions and have come to this next month just as slouchy and achy and undisciplined as I was on December 31. SO! I’m recommitting to my posture and my big deep breaths and my keeping calm and carrying on mentality. Let’s do it, February.
1. Read at least 1 book (Breaking Busy, Glory Over Everything)
2. Keep up with my 1 year straight through the bible reading plan (I’m in Isaiah!)
3. Stand for 1 hour/day at my standing desk at work. I’ve been setting a timer to hold myself accountable, then conveniently being in meetings when it goes off, very loudly.
4. Redo our spice cabinet with the cute spice containers I bought Post on this coming soon!
5. Get my trunk cleaned out for real for real. I got it like, mostly cleaned out. And that’s good enough for me.
6. Finish 1 home project (I’ve got a chair to be recovered, 1 final curtain panel to be DIY-ed, and some other curtains to be hemmed all vying for my attention) Ugh. I did a lot of organizing this month, and some starting of projects, but no finishing!
7. Spend a fun and celebratory weekend with Will for our second anniversary! Woohoo! We had a great time on our weekend away in San Antonio at Hotel Emma.
1. Read at least one book (Currently: The Invention of Wings, Anything)
2. Keep up with my straight through the bible in a year reading plan
3. Stand for 1 hour/day at my standing dest at work
4. Finish 1 home project (I’ve got a chair to be recovered, 1 final curtain panel to be DIY-ed, and some other curtains to be hemmed all vying for my attention)
5. Clean up my email inbox – unsubscribe/change email for preferences for at least 20 companies as I do NOT need to be emailed by Loft 3 times a day to get down to a store and buy a 40% off sweater
6. Do a wardrobe inventory and finish the closet clean out I started in December.
7. Do the liver cleanse from The Woman Code book… I really do not want to do this, but I think it’s time.
8. Add in a few minutes of meditation/stretching at least 4 times a week.
What are your February goals?